Tuesday, September 10, 2013

MUSIC: Dark Matter [Album] - Jordan Williams

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, our project: Dark Matter.

Hit the jump to read the letter to my supporters and listen to the project in its entirety.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Dark Matter. It has been a long journey and I am glad I finally get to share my work with you guys. We've come a long way. 

I started working on Dark Matter in May and, after recording over 30 songs for it, I it cut down to 15 tracks by July. However, I was confronted with a problem: money. I needed someone to mix and master Dark Matter but I didn't have enough money to pay someone to do it. So, I started a kickstarter with hopes of crowd funding my project. I launched my kickstarter on July 1st with a goal of $750. By August 1st, the project's deadline, I raised $857 dollars (with the extra money going to the production of my next project). After I reached my goal, I completed Dark Matter on September 5th and it wouldn't have happened without your support. 

After I listened to the whole project for the first time, I was almost brought to tears. I didn't feel like it was my project. I felt like there were so many people that helped me create Dark Matter that I couldn't call it my own. Yet, I felt so great about it. I felt, and I still feel, supported. A lot of you made my music and my career a priority and I hope you feel that Dark Matter compensates you for what you've done.

I really put my all into this project and I hope you guys enjoy it. After all, you helped make it. 

Here we are, Dark Matter



No comments:

Post a Comment